The Retail Associate will be an ambassador to the public for PAMM. The retail associate is responsible for helping the store exceed sales plan and profitability targets by communicating in-depth product knowledge conversationally with guests and maintaining a positive presence on the sales floor. This position requires excellent communication skills, must be highly organized and detail oriented. This position is part time approximately 20-25 hours a week. Weekend and occasional night shifts are required.
- Experience with POS systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Cash handling experience is a must.
- At least two years retail customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with merchandising and inventory management in a retail setting also preferred, but not required.
- Interest in and/or knowledge of the museum, fine art, architecture and/or design is a plus.
- General knowledge of contemporary art in a museum setting is preferred but not required.
- A high degree of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A positive disposition.
- Ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, high energy team player.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers with purchases through suggestive selling and product knowledge.
- Cash handling and operating a POS cash register.
- Restocking inventory and maintaining Visual Standards.
- Creating an experience for guests through disseminating information about shop product and general museum information.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 50 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
- Reaching stock shelves at least 5’ in height.
- Standing for 4+ hours at a time and opening multiple doors while pushing loaded carts.
- Ability to use step ladder to reach merchandise on 6’ high shelves for customers.
- Ability to read computer screens and price tags.
- Ability to package and ship bulky merchandise for customers.
Email your cover letter, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org