Visitor Services Assistants (VSAs) hold a key position at the Pérez Art Museum Miami. As representatives of the Museum, VSAs should be polite, knowledgeable, presentable and attentive. VSAs are the first staff members who interact with visitors, and should be prepared to offer all visitors excellent service in a variety of roles. Our high service standards should be maintained, whether selling tickets, greeting a group, checking strollers, answering the telephone or giving directions. VSAs are expected to anticipate a visitor's needs and graciously provide information and assistance in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Bachelor's Degree with course work in business, hospitality or arts administration preferred.
• Background in customer service preferred.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule where weekends and evening shifts can be expected.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
• Sell admission, tickets, and take reservations for Museum programs and special exhibitions in person, over the phone, or through the mail.
• Sell memberships and provide membership information.
• Answer the main Museum phone extension.
• Provide general information about the Museum to answer questions.
• Provide coverage for all workstations within Visitor Services.
• Solve basic visitor concerns.
• Record visitor complaints.
• Perform office and floor work: greeting, ticket-taking, stocking brochure racks, providing breaks for coworkers, printing and folding programs, stuffing envelopes, completing confirmation letters, filing etc.
• Support needs of other departments within the Museum for the same goals.
• VSAs must be able to stand for up to nine hours a day with two scheduled breaks.
• VSAs must be able to sit in a confined location for up to nine hours a day with two scheduled breaks.
• VSAs must be able to lift up to 20lbs of weight over their heads.
• VSAs must be able to work in a confined space bending and lifting for up to nine hours with two scheduled breaks.
Email your cover letter, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org