• Bachelor’s degree (or 3-5 years of related experience); or an equivalent combination
of education and experience required.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a
genuine understanding/concern for human dynamics, to work with diverse and dynamic personalities.
• 1-3 years customer service experience preferred, with managerial/team lead experience desired.
• Knowledgeable in standard computer applications and programs e.g., MS Word, Adobe Reader, Internet/Email, file management and database familiarity required.
• Working knowledge of Altru (Point of Sale/database constituent management
• Previous experience in museums, theater, retail or other customer service related positions desirable.
• Genuine interest in or enthusiasm for contemporary art; academic background in
the Arts helpful.
• Ability to thrive working within a team environment - partnering with various teams throughout the museum - to serve the public at large, in a diplomatic and
Skills to be Enhanced or Developed on the Job:
• Ability to represent the museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to museum policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
• Creative problem solving ability (“thinking outside the box”), initiative and professional competence when confronted with unexpected situations.
• Intermediate use of Altru.
• Supervising within a team environment, supported by museum managerial team.
• Serious work ethic coupled with sound judgment. The ability to “roll up one’s sleeves” to do what must be done in any given moment, while maintaining a “big-picture,”
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and determine priorities in an environment of
• Desire and ability to meet or exceed goals.
• Ability to give provide informational tours to guests and speak to large groups
• PAMM VS Assistant Managers will provide work orientation to new VS hires which includes: layout of the building, emergency and security procedures, names and positions of museum colleagues, Trustee, donors, docents, guides, artists, gallerists, etc., as well
as, training for new or additional responsibilities as need arises.
• VS Assistant Managers are required to attend various staff/interdepartmental meetings
and scheduled training sessions.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
• May include extended periods of standing and/or sitting in a confined, shared space.
• Extended time working on/viewing a computer screen in a shared office while others may be speaking on a telephone and employees enter/meet throughout the day.
• Conversing one-on-one or on the telephone in noisy surroundings.
• Lifting and moving moderately heavy objects such as: furniture, coolers, equipment, boxes, bins, weighted stanchions, etc. is required.
• Position requires stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and occasionally, reaching above the shoulders to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this particular role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Visitor Service Assistant Managers will be scheduled to work based on the changing needs of museum daily operations/events. Flexible weekend, evening and holiday availability for programming/events (such as late-night openings) is expected.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
• Provide supervisory support for the VS Management Team, assuming managerial
role when VS Manager might not be present*.
• Lead Visitor Services morning meeting, relaying daily pertinent information
(i.e. schedule changes, museum updates, new policies and procedures, etc.)
• Oversee guest-oriented operations and Visitor Service interactions within the museum.
• Acts as point-of-contact to de-escalate any potential guest experience issues.
• Provide change as necessary and approve daily deposits.
• Review accuracy of timesheets for payroll, if needed.
• Act as on-floor/FOH supervisor daily.
• Provide VS desk staff coverage in cases of absence, shortage, breaks/lunch or
high guest volume.
• Monitor Visitor Services activities to ensure consistent delivery of established
PAMM Policies and Procedures.
• Assist in training and on-boarding for new VS hires/volunteers.
• Create daily schedule and information sheet for VS staff.
• Monitor stock of admission tabs, brochures, flyers, etc.; printing additional or
notifying when reordering is needed.
• Work with various departments to keep Visitor Services related reference
• Responsible for monitoring VS supplies and materials and completing requests
Group Sales administrative duties
• Provide customer service via phone or email explaining large group/tour options
to potential guests interested in scheduling a large group visit or tour.
• Assist in coordinating group tour correspondence, reservations/confirmations, scheduling gallery guides, plus processing sales/deposits and final payments.
• Make sure all group tour reservations are entered into Altru calendar.
• Meet, greet, and orient large/group tours arriving to visit the museum.
• Ensure museum policies for large/group visits are consistently followed.
• Work as liaison between various museum departments, as well as outside partners, and potential group guests. (Including but not limited to: Security, AV, Special
Events, Development, Visitor Services, Education, STARR Restaurant, etc.)
• Coordinate advance ticket sales, payments processing and follow-up correspondence.
• Assist in coordinating “a partnership” - both internally and externally - to facilitate ease of large/group visits.
• Greet and lead site visits for potential event rentals or large groups as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.