Learn more about Pérez Art Museum Miami news, announcements and exhibitions.
PAMM in the News
- There will be as many as 750 stainless steel bikes stacked on top of each other as part of the opening show for the brand new Pérez Art Museum Miami finally unveiling in just two weeks.The $220 million museum is opening in a big way, with a huge show of one of the most important figures in the art world, Chinese contemporary artist Ai Weiwei.
- Miami's status as a transnational city is highlighted in the programming and collecting strategies of the new Pérez Art Museum Miami, formerly the Miami Art Museum, which reopens Dec. 4 in a new location overlooking Biscayne Bay and bordered by MacArthur Causeway.
- Hanging garden designer Patrick Blanc, left, consults his plan as his much-talked about hanging gardens, designed to withstand salt, air, and wind blasts and brighten up the concrete structure of the new Perez Art Museum Miami are installed on Monday, Oct. 21, 2013.
wSomething hanging around one South Florida museum is sure to catch the eye of residents and visitors alike. The dangling display is part of a new art institution set to open in a matter of weeks, a major milestone for the Perez Art Museum Miami. bPérez Art Museum Miami has received a $1 million grant, funded equally by Jorge M. Pérez and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, for the purchase of contemporary works by African American artists for the museum’s permanent collection. mA new donation to Pérez Art Museum Miami will allow the museum, already known for its art from Latin America, to add more works by African-American artists.
- By far the most anticipated art event of the year will be the opening of the Perez Art Museum Miami designed by Herzog & de Meuron.
- More than two and a half years after breaking ground, the Pérez Art Museum Miami is remarkably close to being finished — more than 90 percent completed — and on track for a December debut.
- Local 10's Christina Vazquez tours the construction site at the new Pérez Art Museum Miami. Construction crews have begun putting the finishing touches on the new PAMM.
mThe balance between elegance and function extends inside. Huge windows offer tantalizing, angled views of the water and downtown without distracting from what Collins promises will be world-class art.
- Stephen Starr, the Philadelphia-based restaurateur whose empire includes 31 dining destinations and exclusive catering contracts at seven cultural institutions, will lead the still-unnamed restaurant at Pérez Art Museum.
kPérez Art Museum Miami was selected as one of 66 finalists in the Miami Knight Arts Challenge. PAMM plans to celebrate its new waterfront home with a series of monthly arts projects produced collaboratively by local and international artists
- When the Miami Art Museum started to outgrow its cramped quarters in Philip Johnson’s Miami-Dade Cultural Center, museum officials and board members selected Herzog and de Meuron to design a new building (now dubbed the Pérez Art Museum Miami) right on Museum Park overlooking Biscayne Bay.
wWith its pristine beaches and Art Deco buildings, Miami's South Beach district has long been the tropical city's calling card. But while South Beach represents Miami's glamorous past and present, the city's downtown district could very well represent its future.