PAMM in the News
- The Pérez museum program includes a group of police officers, museum staff members and middle school students who are part of Breakthrough Miami, a nonprofit organization that provides academic enrichment for low-income students.
- Visitors to PAMM's Museum Park are in for a surprise following the recent acquisition of a monumental piece by renowned sculptor Jaume Plensa. Titled Looking Into My Dreams, Awilda, the 39-foot-tall sculpture depicts the elongated face of the titular Awilda, her eyes closed in meditation, perched close to Biscayne Bay.
- Susan Hiller’s latest video, on view at Pérez Art Museum Miami, features 23 endangered or extinct languages spoken by the people who know them best.
- The artist offers a manifesto for self-actualization.
- "This is not painting, it's watchmaking."
- Don't let Lawerence Weiner's work fool you. Though he usually refers to the medium of his pieces as "language and the materials referred to," his work is more than meets the eye.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami debuted Lawrence Weiner: OUT OF SIGHT, a two-dimensional participatory structure designed to lay flat on the floor and scaled to fit the Patricia Papper Project Gallery adjacent to the museum’s main entrance.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) announced this morning it’ll bring Cashmere Cat, Jillionaire, and Uncle Luke together for its coveted annual Basel party Thursday, December 1.