PAMM in the News
- The Perez Art Museum Miami is a living work of architecture. Beyond its planters and hanging gardens, it is a design that changes and shifts with time. Each day, the sun tracks across its facade, casting shadows and highlights that shift across its shape.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami's latest exhibition, "Tàpies: From Within," is a major historical survey of Barcelona-born artist Antoni Tàpies, whose life was dedicated to an exploration of spirituality and humility.
- El Perez Art Museum de Miami ha creado un ciclo de fiestas especiales en sus instalaciones, para poder recaudar fondos para los programas educativos del Museo dedicados a los niños de Miami-Dade.
- Sustainably designed by Herzog & de Meuron, the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) exhibits local artists in tandem with internationally acclaimed contemporaries. The museum’s programming calendar isn't afraid to mix things up, either, hosting DJs, movie nights, and excursions across town.
- During a career that spanned 70 years, Barcelona-born Antoni Tàpies created pioneering experiments in mixed media that are not facile, conventionally beautiful, or easy to penetrate.
- More reasons to get excited about PAMM's (that's the Pérez Art Museum Miami) WAVES series: this month, they've got Fade To Mind boss Kingdom set to perform an exclusive collaboration called Nexus Re-Morph with genre-straddling multi-platinum artist Dawn Richard and visual artist Kyselina™.
- The Miami-based Knight Foundation on Sunday announced $25 million in new grants to South Florida cultural organizations that include the Perez Art Museum Miami, University of Miami Frost School of Music and the new Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami, bringing its total investment in South Florida arts to $122 million since 2005.
aIman Issa is an artist based in Cairo and New York. Her sculptural series “Heritage Studies,” 2015–, which revisits forms drawn from history, will be featured in the Twelfth Sharjah Biennial from March 5 to June 5, 2015. New iterations of this project will also be on view this year in Issa’s solo presentations at the Pérez Art Museum in Miami (April 2 to October 4) and the Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (May 18 to June 28).
- Buenos Aires–born painter Victoria Gitman is a master of deception. “Desiring Eye,” a new exhibition of her trompe l’oeils of secondhand accessories at Pérez Art Museum Miami, proves that even painstaking beadwork, richly textural fabrics, and shimmering gemstones are no match for the artist’s nimble brush.
vPérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is a modern and contemporary art museum which opened in 2013. Located in a $131-million Art Deco-style building designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron, the museum houses 20th and 21th century art from around the world. Visitors enjoy stunning views of Biscayne Bay from the museum gardens and indoor exhibit spaces (website).
- Thom Collins, who ushered the former Miami Art Museum into its lauded new bayfront home — and into a new name — is leaving his position as director of the Pérez Art Museum Miami to lead the acclaimed Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia.
- As PAMM gets set to celebrate its first birthday with another high-profile Miami Art Week bash Thursday, the museum, with its expansive terraces and bayfront restaurant, has firmly cemented its position as a must-see for Miamians and visitors alike.