PAMM in the News
- Thom Collins has moved the Pérez Art Museum Miami into an acclaimed new building, where green terraces mingle with galleries full of art for the global age
- The Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) already has welcomed 75% of the visitors it expected its first year – and it just opened in December.
- The first thing you notice about the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is that the new setting is as much a part of the gallery as the collection.
- Of all the events taking place during December’s Art Basel Miami Beach week, none was more eagerly anticipated that the opening of the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM).
Thank you PAMM! Miami’s newest museum is an architectural tour de force and is earning raves for how art from across the Americas is curatedConsider the serape. That’s what artist Adrian Esparza did. He scrutinized it from every angle. He cut it up. He rearranged it. Finally, he unraveled it, using its threads to create a wall-size design, titled Wake and Wonder, commissioned for the December opening of the Pérez Art Museum Miami, or PAMM.
sMIAMI — Hundreds of people on Tuesday witnessed Miami’s leading philanthropic community commit to fund, acquire and house African-American art in the newly opened Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). At a swank reception at the museum with the who’s who of arts and culture looking on, guests heard about the Pérez Art Museum Miami Fund for African American Art.
If you haven't been to the new Pérez Art Museum Miami or PAMM, there are so many reasons to go. For starters the museum loves the word free.There couldn’t be a better exhibition to inaugurate the new Pérez Art Museum Miami than the traveling solo retrospective from the famous Chinese artist Ai Weiwei. Like the museum, "Ai Weiwei: According To What?" is monumental — physically huge, with a lot to say, and important for Miami.
- If you haven't been to the new Pérez Art Museum Miami or PAMM, there are so many reasons to go. For starters the museum loves the word free.
- There will be as many as 750 stainless steel bikes stacked on top of each other as part of the opening show for the brand new Pérez Art Museum Miami finally unveiling in just two weeks.The $220 million museum is opening in a big way, with a huge show of one of the most important figures in the art world, Chinese contemporary artist Ai Weiwei.
- Miami's status as a transnational city is highlighted in the programming and collecting strategies of the new Pérez Art Museum Miami, formerly the Miami Art Museum, which reopens Dec. 4 in a new location overlooking Biscayne Bay and bordered by MacArthur Causeway.
- Hanging garden designer Patrick Blanc, left, consults his plan as his much-talked about hanging gardens, designed to withstand salt, air, and wind blasts and brighten up the concrete structure of the new Perez Art Museum Miami are installed on Monday, Oct. 21, 2013.
wSomething hanging around one South Florida museum is sure to catch the eye of residents and visitors alike. The dangling display is part of a new art institution set to open in a matter of weeks, a major milestone for the Perez Art Museum Miami. bPérez Art Museum Miami has received a $1 million grant, funded equally by Jorge M. Pérez and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, for the purchase of contemporary works by African American artists for the museum’s permanent collection. mA new donation to Pérez Art Museum Miami will allow the museum, already known for its art from Latin America, to add more works by African-American artists.
- By far the most anticipated art event of the year will be the opening of the Perez Art Museum Miami designed by Herzog & de Meuron.
- More than two and a half years after breaking ground, the Pérez Art Museum Miami is remarkably close to being finished — more than 90 percent completed — and on track for a December debut.
- Local 10's Christina Vazquez tours the construction site at the new Pérez Art Museum Miami. Construction crews have begun putting the finishing touches on the new PAMM.
mThe balance between elegance and function extends inside. Huge windows offer tantalizing, angled views of the water and downtown without distracting from what Collins promises will be world-class art.
- Stephen Starr, the Philadelphia-based restaurateur whose empire includes 31 dining destinations and exclusive catering contracts at seven cultural institutions, will lead the still-unnamed restaurant at Pérez Art Museum.
kPérez Art Museum Miami was selected as one of 66 finalists in the Miami Knight Arts Challenge. PAMM plans to celebrate its new waterfront home with a series of monthly arts projects produced collaboratively by local and international artists
- When the Miami Art Museum started to outgrow its cramped quarters in Philip Johnson’s Miami-Dade Cultural Center, museum officials and board members selected Herzog and de Meuron to design a new building (now dubbed the Pérez Art Museum Miami) right on Museum Park overlooking Biscayne Bay.
wWith its pristine beaches and Art Deco buildings, Miami's South Beach district has long been the tropical city's calling card. But while South Beach represents Miami's glamorous past and present, the city's downtown district could very well represent its future.