Pérez Art Museum Miami is seeking an Audio Visual Coordinator to assist with setup and break down of audio visual equipment, technical planning, and technical assistance as needed throughout the museum.
- Coordinate with Special Events, Curatorial and Education departments on audiovisual needs in all parts of the museum, which include 120,000 sq. ft. of interior space, 80,000 sq. ft. of exterior space, two theaters and five classrooms.
- Consult with all museum departments on any audiovisual needs, questions or concerns.
- Assist with the technical planning and execution of internal events, including time-based arts performances, lectures and panel discussions.
- Assist with the technical planning and execution of external rental events, which includes large and small events with lighting, sound, staging and video requirements.
- Communicate with external clients on their audiovisual needs, prepare proposals and invoices.
- Learn to use all the equipment already installed in the building and follow standard operating procedures that ensure longevity of equipment and high functionality at all times.
- When needed, contract specialized hourly labor to execute specific events.
- Create and nurture relationships with outside vendors that will provide labor and equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Provide technical assistance in the media lab, our small sound and video recording studio.
- Handle financial billing for the audiovisual department, both internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience working with audio visual equipment
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be proficient in MAC and PC
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Capacity for positive interpersonal relationships
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Audio Visual Coordinator” in the subject line.