The Audio Visual Coordinator will work with all departments across the museum on set up for events on any and all audio visual needs in all parts of the museum.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Events, Development, Curatorial, and Education Departments on audiovisual needs in all parts of the building, which include 120,000 square feet of interior space, 80,000 square feet of exterior space, two theaters and five classrooms.
- Work with Senior Audio Visual Manager, Chief Preparator, and Director of Sales & Special Events to maintain storage and warehouse policies, rental policies, standard operating procedures related to audiovisual equipment and labor.
- Assess the needs of both internal and external clients to execute flawless events.
- Learn to use all the equipment already installed in the building, portable equipment owned by PAMM (including but not limited to, lighting, audio, and video equipment, as well as, software standard to AV professionals), and adhere to standard operating procedures that ensure longevity of equipment and high functionality at all times.
- When needed, assist Senior Audio Visual Manager in contracting specialized hourly labor to execute specific events.
- Create and nurture relationships with outside vendors that will provide labor and equipment on an as needed basis.
- When needed, handle financial billing for the audiovisual department, both internally and externally.
- Consult with all museum departments on any audiovisual needs, questions or concerns.
- Oversee and maintain the media lab, a small sound and video recording studio.
- Provide technical assistance for smaller internal events (1-4 nights per week and weekends).
- Must be able to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3-4 years minimum of audio visual experience; preferably within a museum or special events venues.
- Knowledge and experience with operating and/or setting up digital audio consoles, sound systems,
- Wired and wireless microphones, production lighting, ETC lighting consoles, DMX protocol, video formats, video projectors, and monitors via HDMI, HDMI splitters, switchers, mac & pc computers, media players, adaptors etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to present themselves professionally in both appearance as well as written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly competent in Mac, PC, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have experience working in an office setting.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 50 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audio Visual Coordinator” in the subject line.