The Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is seeking a talented Coordinator, Caribbean Cultural Institute to lead the direction and research on our new cultural production of the Caribbean. This role will manage PAMM’s online platforms focused on the Caribbean and supporting designated public programs, exhibitions, research and publications, acquisitions, and donor contacts related to Caribbean thematics.
This exciting position involves extensive coordination of the Institute’s publications, collaborating with English and Spanish Editors, sourcing images, establishing timelines, and reviewing edited texts. This position will also manage the Institute’s Researcher-in-Residence program.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Art History or related field preferably with a concentration in Caribbean studies, as well as a master’s degree in Art History preferred. They would also have knowledge of contemporary art of the Western Hemisphere and the Caribbean in particular with a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and with at least a year of previous museum curatorial related experience.
This role will work in collaboration with Curatorial and Education staff to research and develop of the Institute publications, public programs and any related exhibitions. This role will work closely with Associate Curator, and Associate Director of Adult Programs and Audience Engagement, as well as outside curators and artists, to assure professional, efficient, and quality presentation of all designated public programs. They will assists in the development and oversight of the Caribbean Cultural Institute budget.
- Collaborates with other senior Curatorial staff to identify and coordinate possible acquisitions for the permanent collection.
- Collaborates with other senior Curatorial staff to identify works for possible acquisitions by PAMM Collectors Council, including developing meeting packets and presenting works for consideration at meetings.
- Researches collection works and prepares materials for PAMM publications.
RESEARCH AND PLANNING
- Researches and gathers information for possible future publications, programs and exhibitions.
- Collaborates and participates in presentations to staff regarding Institute activities.
- Collaborates in development of Curatorial Department procedures and planning schedules.
- Contributes to research, development, and organization of artist and donor files for collection, as well as Institute’s research resources.
- Collaborates with Education Department in planning symposia, film series, lectures, and special events and programs related to Caribbean thematics.
- Attends all lectures and symposia and Institute-related events.
- Provides formal and informal talks upon request.
- Collaborates on the selection of visual materials for promotion (images for press, invitations, brochures, flyers, etc) for Institute-related activities.
- Builds and develops mailing lists for Caribbean-focused curators, artists, cultural institutions, and collectors.
- Contributes to identifying and developing relationships with arts writers and journalists locally and internationally.
- Provides expertise and information on Institute activities to PAMM for grants applications.
- Provides curatorial expertise, Institute information and support documents for fundraising.
- Assists Development in identifying possible fundraising opportunities to support the Institute’s activities.
In conjunction with the Mellon Foundation.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Coordinator, Caribbean Cultural Institute” in the subject line.