The Creative Technologist at PAMM is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Concept, create and support interactive digital experiences online and in the museum.
- Infuse innovative technology into the on-site visitor experience, including exhibitions.
- Develop projects that blur the line between ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ the museum; explore and experiment with other technology innovation in the museum context.
- Lead the UX/UI design and development of gallery-based, online, and mobile projects.
- Work with staff across teams to ensure that digital elements of a project or initiative are considered from the start of the project and during the planning process.
- Partner with subject matter experts in conceptualizing interactive media product design.
- Collaborate on re-design of PAMM website, support online strategies, development, and maintenance to deliver information, collections access, exhibition and program content, and educational resources more effectively in innovative and creative ways.
- Ensure that PAMM’s digital products and programs have consistently high production values and high-quality user experience.
- Create and document code and configuration settings.
- Coordinate project efforts with vendors, creative firms, and other external partners to ensure projects are delivered and completed on time and on budget.
- Managing project team members and delegating tasks as necessary to keep the moving parts of a project running smoothly and efficiently.
- Stewarding museum-wide systems integration projects as they relate to public-facing and internal-facing products.
- Provides regular reports and project updates to Director of Digital Engagement and key stakeholders.
- Develop and assists in the creation of grant proposals and follow-up implementation and reporting for grants received.
- Assesses viability of innovative technologies for interactive media projects.
- Share PAMM’s digital efforts through open source code and presentations at conferences and workshops.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, fine arts or humanities, related field or equivalent experience that demonstrates abilities in software development, web development, systems integration and/or API development.
- Minimum of three years' experience in web/software development with a focus in enhancing the user experience.
- Experience working in a museum, cultural heritage, or non-profit environment a plus.
- Experience with PHP, Ruby, MySQL/MSSQL, Java and Unix administration desired.
- Familiar with AngularJS and/or React frameworks.
- Experience with project and task management systems.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and tools.
- Experience integrating web properties with Altru (Blackbaud) CRM (Customer Relationship Management) desired.
- Demonstrated experience with developing web content management systems.
- Experience working with the latest web and mobile production standards and practices, as well as social media tools and platforms.
- Experience with web analytics using Google Analytics.
- Experience managing the work of others.
- Entrepreneurial mindset excited about building something from scratch. Demonstrated ability to learn and use the latest technology.
- Strong project management and leadership skills. Ability to lead and inspire staff, partners, and vendors toward shared goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Identifies problems in timely manner; gathers/analyzes information skillfully; resolves problems early; looks for alternative solutions; works cooperatively in group problem solving situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Produces work that is accurate and thorough; demonstrates commitment to excellence and continuous improvement; ability to monitor quality of own work; applies feedback to improve performance; takes initiative to find ways to improve and promote quality work.
- Comfort with ambiguity and cultural change.
- Independently plans/prioritizes work; sets goals and objectives; displays appropriate sense of urgency toward top priorities; manages time efficiently; plans for additional resources; integrates changes smoothly.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding written, oral and presentation skills (public speaking).
- Expresses ideas coherently; demonstrates good listening and comprehension; always keeps others properly informed; selects appropriate communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills - Supports a feeling of hospitality with team and visitors all times; displays sensitivity and consideration; works actively to resolve conflicts; conducts self in a professional manner always; helps and supports coworkers and others engaging with the museum.
- Meets attendance and punctuality requirements; keeps commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows instructions and responds to management direction; commits to doing the best job possible.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibility; takes advantage of opportunities; seeks creative ways to improve skills; asks for help when needed.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 15 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger agility to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Macintosh and Windows-based computer systems, multimedia and internet development software, database software, digital graphics software, digital animation software, audio recording and editing software, scanners, touch screens, non-linear video editing software, audio recording devices, digital still cameras, and digital video cameras.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Creative Technologist / Developer” in the subject line.