The Director of Digital Engagement will lead PAMM’s development and implementation of a visitor-centered digital strategy and associated initiatives in partnership with the Curatorial Team. As PAMM plans to expand its digital reach, the Director of Digital Engagement will have the opportunity to:
- Engage and inspire the current and next generation of PAMM visitors by using technology and innovation to find new ways for the public to interact and build long-term, meaningful relationships with the museum.
- Provide digital and virtual access to PAMM’s collection, exhibitions and programs, and infuse digital engagement initiatives across all areas of exhibitions and programming from the earliest planning stages.
- Embed visitor-centered thinking in the development of all PAMM programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years experience defining and managing digital initiatives and audience engagement in a museum, cultural heritage, educational or non-profit environment
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding written, oral & presentation skills (public speaking).
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use the latest technology, especially as related to interpretation and web-based learning, and the digital humanities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Results and detail-oriented with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Able to attract, influence, engage and build long-term relationships with all types of donors and key stakeholders.
- The Curatorial vision as it relates to technology and digital initiatives
- Mapping digital capabilities to museum strategic priorities.
- Developing a vision and a multi-year road map based on established technology practices from inside and outside the museum sector to enable the attainment of Museum-wide strategic goals.
- Creating interactive online digital learning tools and translate the Museum’s education curricula into universally accessible interactive online learning experiences.
- Oversight of the integration of the Museum’s multiple web platforms into cohesive, responsive and immersive design and globally branded platforms for the Museum.
- Contributing to the organization’s wider digital strategy in line with PAMM’s strategic goals, and vision.
- Collaborating with program teams to support the digital representation of the Museum's collection and the presentation and preservation of technology-dependent contemporary art.
- Strengthening PAMM’s digital presence and commercial achievement through effective management of a portfolio of high quality, public-facing products, including the PAMM website.
- Partnering with the Director of IT in leading digital product development for all websites and applications to ensure that they are strategically and technically aligned, sustainable, of a high quality, deliver reach and value and facilitate transactions, membership and eCommerce.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.