The Education Assistant for Schools, Outreach and Studio Programs ensures the smooth operation of programs that serves the largest number of students with visual arts education in South Florida outside of the Miami-Dade County Public School System. This full-time administrative assistant is responsible for scheduling school and outreach groups interested in touring the museum. As a main conduit for many inquiries from teachers and community members, this individual must have an understanding of the importance of education within the museum’s mission, a clear communication style, and the ability to anticipate and solve challenges creatively. The Education Assistant also plays an important role as the department develops new strategies for collecting feedback and evaluating programs. He/she must answer requests via online forms, email and phone; maintain the tour calendar, schedules buses for tours, and input data into multiple databases. The Education Assistant works closely with the Knight Associate Director of Education, the Manager of School Programs, Manager of Outreach Programs and Deputy Director of Education and Public Programs to facilitate the production of digital content. This entry-level position requires a team player that will work closely with education staff to update records and perform other department duties as necessary.
- BA in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and ability with databases and basic math in order to gather and compile statistics
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural community
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to commit to a Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm schedule with occasional need to assist with programming and events as needed in the early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Previous experience in an office environment (an arts or educational institution preferred)
- An interest in Modern and Contemporary Art
- Computer literacy- knowledge of Word, Excel and most Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of ALTRU and FareHarbour program a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software is a plus
- Knowledge of Miami-Dade County Public Schools a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish desirable
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Review and respond to new tour requests within designated time frame.
- Keep updated files, documents, schedules, confirmations and communications for school and outreach groups.
- Manage and maintain updated multiple calendars, schedules and forms for scheduled tours; create, update and share weekly school tour schedules with Teaching Artists and Visitor Services staff.
- Compile and report statistics for schools and outreach programs monthly.
- Update daily group tours number in Altru.
- Generate and submit Payment Request Form to finance.
- Reserve classrooms and meeting spaces for PAMM staff in the absence of other Education Assistant.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests from multiple forms, emails and calls at once
- Stay up-to-date on the museum’s calendar, exhibition schedule and public program schedule.
- Communicate with teachers, education staff and bus transportation companies with any changes to reservations in a timely manner; review and ensure all reservations are confirmed and documents for each group have been received a week prior to visit.
- Schedule and confirm transportation for visiting school and outreach groups.
- Track daily group attendance.
- Be self-motivated and efficient with time sensitive tasks.
- Communicate updates to appropriate internal staff and departments.
- Edit videos, pdfs and other digital educational materials; ensure they are submitted to Communications and uploaded to online platforms.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Maintain open lines of communication with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Ability to thrive working within a team environment, and working with various departments within PAMM.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.