Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects, and for submitting timely and accurate reports to funders.
The Grant Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to family and corporate foundation sources, and to government agencies.
- Work with the Research Coordinator on prospect research on foundations, corporations and government agencies to identify and evaluate prospects for grants.
- Maintain grant deadline and reporting calendar.
- Work with Finance Department and appropriate Program Staff to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Fulfill reporting as required by donors.
- Support Director of Development in providing stewardship to current grantors.
- Maintain current records in Altru and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with Director of Development to provide input for internal PAMM development reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience in project management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful track record in fundraising for a nonprofit organization, with 3+ years of experience in grant writing.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Museum and/or cultural sector experience preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Grant Manager” in the subject line.