The Manager of School and Summer K-12 Tour Programs ensures the smooth operation of the Knight Schools program that serves the largest number of students with visual arts education in South Florida outside of the Miami-Dade County Public School System. As a main conduit for many inquiries from teachers and other community members, this individual must have an understanding of the importance of education within the museum’s mission, a clear communication style, the ability to anticipate and solve challenges creativelywith a dedication to serving both students and educators. During the summer months, the Manager of School and Summer K-12 Tour Programs leads the PAMM in the Neighborhood program that serves children and youth that are participating in community-based summer enrichment programs across Miami-Dade County. This two-part program expands the traditional gallery experience to include off-site workshops with artmaking that extends the arteducation experience for K-12 students during the summer months. The Manager of School and Summer K-12 Tour Programs also plays an important role in developing and administering educator workshops for teachers and non-traditional educators in addition to professional development for teaching artist staff. The Manager of School and Summer K-12 Tour Programs works closely with theDigital and Interpretive Content Coordinator to develop content for the Heckscher Digital Education resources that are created specifically for students and teachers.
Tasks of the Manager of School and Summer K-12 Programs
DIGITAL EDUCATION MATERIALS (30%)
- Oversee the development of online curriculum for school and summer programs
- Collaborate with other education staff to produce digital content for school, family and youth audiences
SCHOOL/SUMMER PROGRAMS (70%)
- Coordinates School, Summer Tours and Teacher Workshops
- Organizes the schedule of the Teaching Artists tours and assist with its logistical needs; communicates with the appropriate contacts regarding updates for internal staff and departments.
- Work with the Education Coordinator/Associate to coordinate the schedules of school group tours and buses; generates confirmation notices, invoices and any appropriate records.
- A strong knowledge of Knight Schools and PAMM in the Neighborhood programs in order to clearly communicate and connect with public school administrators, teachers, community organizations and interdepartmental colleagues
- Maintains group tour database and updates tour forms as needed.
- Work with the Director of Education to develop and implement strategies for exhibition tour curriculum and professional development for educators
- Designs and organizes the curriculum and professional development materials for teacher workshops.•Works closely with teachers and administrators involved in special partnerships.
- Works closely with Miami-Dade County Public SchoolsDivision of Academic Support Visual and Performing Arts Office of Academics and Transformation; Office of Community Engagement; and the Cultural Passport program to ensure the smooth implementation of the Knight Schools program.
- Works on annual revisions of the Knight Schools and PAMM in the Neighborhood marketing materials in collaboration with museum’s Marketing and Communications Department
- Distributes and collects school program surveys and compiles data for Knight Schools and PAMM in the Neighborhood programs on a monthly and annual basis.
- Assists the Director of Education with other projects as needed
- Bachelor level degree in a relevant field that may include: Art Education, Education, Museum Studies and Arts/Public Administration
- 2 years or more of managerial administrative experience (within an arts or educational institution preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills•Strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Detail oriented
- Desire and experience working with culturally diverse communities
- Comfort and ability to work with databases and basic math in order to gather and compile statistics
- Advanced level of experience and skill utilizing Excel for the purpose of data collection and analysis
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office applications; familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite applications; knowledge of Altru platform is preferred
- Knowledge of Miami-Dade County Public Schools and community-based education organizations
- A knowledge of Modern and Contemporary Art preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish desirable
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of School Programs” in the subject line.*
*Applications with missing components will not be reviewed.