Pérez Art Museum Miami is seeking bright, dynamic, and energetic Marketing and Communications Intern to assist with digital communications, public relations, and marketing needs. This is a multifaceted opportunity for a candidate who will work directly with a highly motivated team of museum professionals, all while gaining valuable public relations and marketing experience. The intern will have first-hand experience working on institutional projects ranging from 35th Anniversary to special exhibitions, and public programming promotion. This internship is an unpaid internship and can be done for school credit if needed.
- Seeking an undergraduate degree in a field related to Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and proof reading skills.
- Familiar with art history, cultural organizations, media relations a plus.
- Must have flexibility to work some nights and weekends based on event/exhibition schedule.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with museum press releases, press kits, and media alerts.
- Monitor press coverage and archive press clippings.
- Research and maintain press and media contacts lists, as well as community groups lists.
- Submit calendar announcements to media and upload calendars to self-upload sites.
- Keep third party platforms updated.
- Assist with website and social media.
- Maintain archival records of photography, videos, and all print media.
- Provide assistance to media as requested.
- Provide support at events as needed.
In your cover letter, please indicate your availability (number of days/hours per week and length of time) and why you are interested in pursuing an internship with PAMM. Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.