The Membership Assistant supports the Membership Manager in managing the daily operations of the membership program for members giving up to $999/year. This person has a diverse range of responsibilities that contribute to the benefit fulfillment, acquisition, and retention of members with the goal of increasing community support of the museum and achieving annual revenue goals.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in membership, fundraising, sales, or related field.
- Museum and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science preferred.
- Bilingual strongly preferred
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the execution of renewal, upgrade, and acquisition campaigns through direct mail and digital channels;
- Processing membership gifts and acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion, including printing and mailing of membership cards and maintaining accurate constituent records;
- Creating new constituent records and updating records as needed, linking membership gifts to donors, and other data entry projects;
- Ensure that Membership materials are distributed throughout the museum;
- Serve as primary contact for members, delivering outstanding written and verbal customer service; address member questions and feedback with sensitivity to customer while keeping best interests of organization in mind;
- Represent Membership department and interests onsite during key special events, holidays, and weekends;
- Openly share pertinent museum information and strategies for success with fellow Membership and Visitor Services Assistants;
- Enthusiastically support the Membership and Visitor Services department at all locations, including Front Desk, event check-in, membership table, and customer service phone/email support;
- Thoroughly understand and support department and museum goals; model professionalism, passion, and productivity;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Assistant ” in the subject line.