The Retail Associate will be an ambassador to the public for PAMM. The retail associate is responsible for helping the store exceed sales plan and profitability targets by communicating in-depth product knowledge conversationally with guests and maintaining a positive presence on the sales floor. This position requires excellent communication skills, must be highly organized and detail oriented. This position is part time approximately 20-30 hours a week. Weekend and occasional night shifts are required. The Retail Associate will also be required to assist Visitor Services when needed.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers with purchases through suggestive selling and product knowledge.
- Cash handling and operating a POS cash register.
- Restocking inventory and maintaining Visual Standards.
- Creating an experience for guests through disseminating information about shop product and general museum information.
- Learn basic VS essential functions in order to assist when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 50 pounds) including merchandise, files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
- Reaching stock shelves at least 5’ in height.
- Standing for 4+ hours at a time and opening multiple doors while pushing loaded carts.
- Ability to use step ladder to reach merchandise on 6’ high shelves for customers.
- Ability to read computer screens and price tags.
- Ability to package and ship bulky merchandise for customers.
- Able to wear face mask/covering during entire shift while on premises.
- Experience with POS systems and knowledgeable in standard computer applications and programs (MS suite, internet/email, file management).
- Cash handling experience is a must.
- At least two years retail customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with merchandising and inventory management in a retail setting also preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated interest in arts and culture, community engagement, and/or museums.
- General knowledge of contemporary art in a museum setting is preferred but not required.
- A high degree of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A positive disposition.
- Flexible availability, including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, high energy team player.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
To apply, please visit our career portal.