The Visitor Services Assistant (VSA) provides outstanding guest service while operating in a key front-facing role at Pérez Art Museum Miami. The VSA processes and sells museum admission and memberships, serves as first point of contact for guests during regular museum hours and special events, and consistently provides polite, knowledgeable, and attentive service. The VSA is part of a team responsible for supporting PAMM’s role as Miami-Dade County’s leading contemporary art museum by creating a welcoming, accessible, inclusive environment at the museum. The VSA works across the museum with a variety of constituencies including the general public, members, donors, VIPs, and staff.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Consistently demonstrate a guest-first attitude by modeling exceptional customer service skills at all times;
- Anticipate and meet guest needs, including (but not limited to) selling admission and/or membership, sharing exhibition and program information, checking in guests for special events, greeting tours and groups, offering and processing PAMM Student Pass applications, checking items (large bags, backpacks, suitcases, strollers, et al.), answering main museum phone line, responding to museum emails, providing transportation information, and more;
- Manage all admission transactions (both paid and complimentary) at the museum’s lobby reception desk;
- Handle and accurately balance cash/credit transactions utilizing a point of sale/database constituent management system;
- Maintain conversational knowledge about the museum, exhibitions, memberships, programs, special events, and more;
- Openly share pertinent museum information and strategies for success with fellow Membership and Visitor Services Assistants;
- Actively promote, sell, and service PAMM memberships;
- Actively promote and upsell both PAMM shop and Verde restaurant;
- Learn basic PAMM shop functions and assist when needed;
- Heighten guest experience by providing Miami travel and destination-related guidance as necessary;
- Apply creative problem solving ability to address guest concerns and respond to/note visitor complaints;
- Collect guest contact information for museum follow-up via email and/or direct mail;
- Ensure that all guest-facing materials are stocked and neatly presented, including brochures, gallery notes, and more;
- Support museum operations by providing administrative and/or event- and project-based support to other departments, including (but not limited to) covering museum reception duties, greeting tour groups, processing membership gifts and data, and more;
- Thoroughly understand and support department and museum goals; model professionalism, passion, and productivity;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, patron items to store, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Flexible availability, including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Knowledgeable in standard computer applications and programs (MS suite, internet/email, file management)
- Passion for working with the public
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in arts and culture, community engagement, and/or museums
- Broad general knowledge and interest in the community of Miami and surrounding attractions
- Bilingual strongly preferred
To apply, please visit our career portal