The Visitor Services (VS) Lead Assistant is responsible for providing outstanding customer service while supervising daily front-of-house museum operations. The Lead Assistant acts as a supervisor-on-duty and provides training and work direction for Visitor Services Assistants (VSAs). The Lead Assistant supports the Department of Membership and Visitor Service’s revenue and attendance goals, aligning with PAMM’s mission to encourage everyone to see art as an incentive for genuine human interaction, communication, and exchange.
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher, or equivalent professional/leadership training in the field.
- 2 or more years of customer service experience.
- Proven ability to provide and train on effective customer service.
- Flexible availability, including evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
Essential Functions included, but not limited to:
- Serve as shift lead responsible for opening and closing cash drawers, making change throughout the day for registers, ensuring full compliance with all policies and procedures, managing staff breaks, and covering when necessary;
- Train Visitor Services Assistants to deliver an impeccable museum experience to all guests;
- Provide work direction to Visitor Services Assistants in the daily operations of the museum, including all admission transactions (both paid and complimentary), membership sales, and guest check-in during special events;
- Anticipate guest needs, resolve museum visitor concerns, and proactively intervene when necessary to de-escalate potentially aggravated situations;
- Maintain guest feedback logs and share feedback and recommendations with Visitor Services Manager and Assistant Manager;
- Maintain knowledge about upcoming museum programs, exhibitions, events, and museum initiatives and share this knowledge with colleagues;
- Lead Visitor Services morning meetings, relaying daily pertinent information (schedule changes, museum updates, gallery/exhibition updates, policies and procedures, et al.)
- Monitor on-site inventory, including (but not limited to) admission markers, brochures, maps, and more; communicate interdepartmentally to ensure reference materials are maintained;
- Exemplify enthusiastic support of department and museum goals; model professionalism, passion, and productivity;
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visitor Services Lead Assistant” in the subject line.