The Visitor Services (VS) Manager oversees operations of the VS Department and ensures that all museum policies and procedures are implemented to provide a welcoming, inclusive experience for all PAMM guests and audience. Working closely with the Director of Membership and Visitor Services, the VS Manager shares responsibility for achieving revenue and attendance goals and supporting PAMM’s mission to encourage everyone to see art as an incentive for genuine human interaction, communication, and exchange. This person supervises the full-time Visitor Services Assistant Manager and Lead Assistants.
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher, or equivalent professional/leadership training in the field.
- 3-5 years of experience in management, with a demonstrated knowledge of non-profit business preferred.
- Proven ability to provide and train on effective customer service.
- Flexible availability, including evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside Director of Membership and Visitor Services to continuously observe and evaluate the guest experience at PAMM, shifting strategy and re-imagining policies and procedures when needed to ensure guest satisfaction, retention, and stewardship into higher levels of giving;
- Ensure that all staff interacting with guests provide outstanding customer service; address questions and feedback with sensitivity to guests while keeping best interests of organization in mind; develop talking points and FAQs for guest-related topics to be used museum-wide;
- Work closely with Human Resources Department to develop and implement Visitor Services staff onboarding, training, performance management, and professional development initiatives in accordance in ; provide ongoing, consistent coaching and documentation of staff performance;
- Ensure the fair and timely distribution of staff schedule, while anticipating and meeting museum staff needs based on historic attendance and ongoing event schedule;
- Maintain ongoing interdepartmental communications, including (but not limited to) staff meetings, written meeting documentation, intradepartmental resource materials, and more;
- Collaborate with Membership Manager to develop and execute strategies to support membership goals, programs, and activities through Visitor Services Department, including membership sales contests and incentives for staff;
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to develop and execute short- and long-term plans to reach quantitative museum admission revenue and visitor goals;
- Collaborate across the museum to ensure seamless communication between departments regarding upcoming programs, exhibitions, and events;
- Serve as internal expert in all of PAMM’s ticketing, point of sale, and admissions database functions, build events, ticket types, and programs as needed;
- Track and report on revenue, admissions, and attendance in a timely and reliable manner with impeccable attention to accuracy of reported information; respond to interdepartmental requests for historic attendance data;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with museum managers nationwide to maintain knowledge of membership trends and best practices;
- Exemplify enthusiastic support of department and museum goals; model professionalism, passion, and productivity;
- Supervise the full-time Visitor Services Assistant Manager and Visitor Services Lead Assistants;
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Visitor Services Manager” in the subject line.