Recent Pamm in the News (4)
Two Decades Of Stunning Works By Teresita Fernández Rewrite History, Expose Gruesome Dialogue Hidden In Natural SplendorIn a site-specific installation of Fire (United States of the Americas) 3 (2017–2019) at Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), Teresita Fernández retells history that’s been erased by colonialism, land ownership, and power.
- It's hard to think of a more influential force in the development of Miami's art scene than the duo of Christo and Jeanne-Claude. In the early 1980s, when the city was wracked by drug wars and police corruption, the artist couple chose Biscayne Bay as the backdrop for a new large-scale installation, Surrounded Islands.
- The artisan has a plan, but they’re free to meander and do what they want. The spirit of that is deeply embedded in everything I do,” Lynne Golob Gelfman, lifetime artist and self-proclaimed trickster, told us in 2018 ahead of a solo show at the Pérez Art Museum
- Pérez Art Museum Miami is a modern and contemporary art museum dedicated to collecting and exhibiting international art of the 20th and 21st centuries. They offer many programs for families including an art camp, art day for kids and after school programs.
Press Release Archive (262)
PAMM in the News Archive (22)
- Grammy-nominated funk, soul, hip-hop group Tank and The Bangas will headline a musical performance at the upcoming Perez Art Museum Miami’s (PAMM) Art + Soul party, an event to support and celebrate the museum’s Fund for African American Art, on Feb. 15 at 9 p.m.
- The Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) has received a $100,000 donation from American Airlines. The gift was made on behalf of John S. and James L. Knight Foundation chairman and CEO Alberto Ibargüen, who recently stepped down from the major airline’s board of directors after eleven years.
- Many city-run art museums in the United States tend to exhibit work from throughout history. There's an old master here, a Rothko there, maybe some impressionists in this room and a Picasso in that one.
- Showcasing an impressive collection of international art of the 20th and 21st centuries, Pérez Art Museum Miami is the place to go to get a look at and learn about modern and contemporary art.
- Miami offers much to do for visitors traveling on a budget, including many museums within its Museum Park and Cultural Plaza areas that offer free admission daily or regularly on select evenings.
- The Pérez Art Museum, Miami is looking ahead to an uncertain future in a thematic group show. Entitled The Other Side of Now: Foresight in Contemporary Caribbean Art.
- “I sound too cynical?” Zhao Gang asked at one point during his interview with office following the opening of “Zhao Gang: History Painting” at the Pérez Art Museum Miami.
- Beatriz González is a Latin American artistic remixer who carved out a career through the pop art emergence of the 20th century by re-working pervasive global imagery for her South American context.
Franklin Sirmans to Curate Special Frieze New York Section Dedicated to Pioneering New York Gallery Just Above MidtownToday, the Pérez Art Museum Miami announced that its director, Franklin Sirmans, will curate a special section of this year’s Frieze New York art fair dedicated to the work of artists affiliated with the space.
- Opening at the Pérez Art Museum Miami this Friday, Beatriz González: A Retrospective is the first large-scale, U.S.-based retrospective of the Bogotá, Colombia-born artist.
- “Felice Grodin: Invasive Species,” an exhibition on display at the Perez Art Museum Miami through June 30, features four site-specific works including one that overlays the museum’s hanging gardens.
- On March 9, Pérez Art Museum Miami welcomed nearly 500 guests to the fifth annual Art of the Party presented by Valentino.
- The Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) announced today that four new members were elected to its board of trustees.
- At first glance, bursts of color and light from various fabric patterns and glittering strike the eye. Then gradually, like pigment bleeding through a page, outlines emerge.
- Now, before that following has a chance to cheer in the stands of this city's own MLS pitch, they'll be able to enjoy their love of the game at a museum.
- The 10 finalists from schools across Miami-Dade and Broward counties will have their original creations displayed at Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) from April 16-22.