Recent Pamm in the News (4)
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is excited to share a new slate of online programming as part of its Digital Museum, where audiences can engage in the arts from the comfort of their homes while the museum is closed.
- Seeing no immediate end to quarantine conditions, creative minds have been working to find fun ways to help others pass the time and even offer new learning experiences. Though Miami's museums have been forced to close their doors to visitors, many have turned to the digital realm to offer entertaining, educational content to homebound art and history lovers.
- In lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic? Closed museums offer art lovers virtual opportunities to explore works from among the world's leading collections online. Here's a look.
Meleko Mokgosi’s Virtuosic Paintings of Southern Africa Show a Different Side of the Tourism Industry—See Pictures HereWhat the museum says: “Combining a high degree of painterly skill with a poetic, open-ended semiotic approach and a penchant for deep archival research, Meleko Mokgosi shines light on some of the complex socioeconomic dynamics that animate contemporary southern Africa.
PAMM in the News Archive (33)
- The Pérez Art Museum, Miami is looking ahead to an uncertain future in a thematic group show. Entitled The Other Side of Now: Foresight in Contemporary Caribbean Art.
- “I sound too cynical?” Zhao Gang asked at one point during his interview with office following the opening of “Zhao Gang: History Painting” at the Pérez Art Museum Miami.
- Beatriz González is a Latin American artistic remixer who carved out a career through the pop art emergence of the 20th century by re-working pervasive global imagery for her South American context.
Franklin Sirmans to Curate Special Frieze New York Section Dedicated to Pioneering New York Gallery Just Above MidtownToday, the Pérez Art Museum Miami announced that its director, Franklin Sirmans, will curate a special section of this year’s Frieze New York art fair dedicated to the work of artists affiliated with the space.
- Opening at the Pérez Art Museum Miami this Friday, Beatriz González: A Retrospective is the first large-scale, U.S.-based retrospective of the Bogotá, Colombia-born artist.
- “Felice Grodin: Invasive Species,” an exhibition on display at the Perez Art Museum Miami through June 30, features four site-specific works including one that overlays the museum’s hanging gardens.
- On March 9, Pérez Art Museum Miami welcomed nearly 500 guests to the fifth annual Art of the Party presented by Valentino.
- The Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) announced today that four new members were elected to its board of trustees.
- At first glance, bursts of color and light from various fabric patterns and glittering strike the eye. Then gradually, like pigment bleeding through a page, outlines emerge.
- Now, before that following has a chance to cheer in the stands of this city's own MLS pitch, they'll be able to enjoy their love of the game at a museum.
- The 10 finalists from schools across Miami-Dade and Broward counties will have their original creations displayed at Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) from April 16-22.
- La exposición presenta una selección de obras de que representan los tres temas en los que Córdova, está más interesado: transmisión, alquimia y trascendencia.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami presents "The World’s Game: Fútbol and Contemporary Art," an exhibition dedicated to the intersection of art and the most popular sport in the world—fútbol.
- ...at the Pérez Art Museum in Miami (PAMM), fandom has already reached fever pitch thanks to its latest exhibition that celebrates the sport through art.
- Balones de fútbol, óleos y serigrafías de famosos jugadores como Pelé o Samuel Eto'o, así como dramáticos videos de aficionados en estadios, forman parte de la propuesta de varios artistas, entre ellos el mítico Andy Warhol, que se exhibe en el Museo de Arte de Miami.
- Miami-Dade County Public School students in grades Pre-K through 12th can get free admission to the downtown Miami museum anytime they want to visit.