Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) celebrates its first Miami Art Week in its new, state-of-the-art facility with a special opening celebration featuring a major performance by multimedia art collaborative LOS JAICHACKERS. For this one-night-only performance titled Night Shade/Solanaceae, LOS JAICHACKERS will transform the museum into a site of cultural collisions through musical performances, video and sculpture.
Created in response to Miami’s unique cultural and visual landscape, LOS JAICHACKERS’ Night Shade/Solanaceae will include two new videos and enlist the musical talents of TOTAL FREEDOM (Los Angeles), DJ LENGUA (Los Angeles) and Los Master Plus (Guadalajara, Mexico). TOTAL FREEDOM combines solid club beats with his own global and freeform sensibilities, and Los Master Plus is a duo that covers contemporary songs by über pop bands such as Daft Punk, Radiohead, No Doubt and Dr. Dre in Spanish, reworking them through the unique musical styles of techno-cumbia. LOS JAICHACKERS will debut a new video, which was shot in Miami, with live musical accompaniment on a stage set that combines ideas of contraband and piracy within contemporary culture, music and art. This set is comprised of massive ice sculptures that derive their form from the sound systems of Jamaica, South America and Mexico. These sculptures will slowly melt away over the course of the evening, revealing mysterious packages and strange, exotic night fruits. In addition, a series of sculptures, which refer to the anti-pirating messages for Louis Vuitton goods found at local swap meets, will be displayed inside the museum.
LOS JAICHACKERS is a collaboration between Eamon Ore-Giron and Julio Cesar Morales, artists based in Los Angeles and Phoenix. As part of their multifaceted practice, they collaborate with other artists and musicians to produce programs that ‘trace the global DNA of emerging musical subcultures in Latin America, the border, the United States and abroad.’ Their piece, Night Shade/Solanaceae, has been specially commissioned by PAMM for its inaugural opening and is the first program of the Museum's new time-based arts initiative.
PAMM is located at 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132 between the Adrienne Arsht Center and the American Airlines Arena. From Biscayne Blvd., go east at 11th street. The museum is located at the far east side of Museum Park, between the science museum construction site and Biscayne Bay.
* Please be aware of increased traffic due to downtown events and Miami Art Week.
- Free remote self-parking with validation: Omni Garage (1645 Biscayne Blvd.) between 15th street and Biscayne Blvd. Free trolley (via Big Red Bus) to PAMM picks up at North Bayshore between 15th street and 16th street. PAMM pick-up by the museum entrance. Receive parking validation at PAMM visitors services upon arrival.
- Valet at PAMM as available. (Space is limited)
- Metromover (Museum Park station) Schedule
- Miami Trolley (Biscayne Blvd.) Schedule
- ABMB-provided shuttle to/from Miami Beach Convention Center and PAMM Schedule