Celebrate the opening of The World's Game: Fútbol and Contemporary Art with an evening of music, dance, and performance. Join us as we kick off this exhibition focusing on the global game of soccer, or fútbol, and its interactions with societies around the world.
The night will begin with happy hour on the terrace with DJ Esta. Inside the museum, dancer, playwright, and arts activist Marc Bamuthi Joseph will incorporate portions of his works /peh-LO-tah/ and Moving & Passing to deliver a fútbol framed freedom suite about the global sport rich with cultural intricacies. The lecture will be followed by a special performance by Bateria Unidos de Miami Samba and Batucada, who will lead guests out to our terrace with Samba beats, where the celebration continues with music by Mr. Pauer. Mr. Pauer's Electrópico set will deliver percussive rhythms from the tropics and all around the world.
The exhibition will be open exclusively to PAMM Members until 9pm. The exhibition will be on view to the public from 9pm to 11pm.
Planned to overlap with the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the of The World’s Game: Fútbol and Contemporary Art explores how the sport has stimulated artists to reflect upon its implications on society. With over 30 artists working in various media, it presents the art form of soccer―a place where social, cultural, and political issues of identity, nationalism, globalism, and mass spectacle play out vibrantly. PAMM celebrates the commonality of human experience through a sport that has been one of the few common languages worldwide.
- Happy hour with DJ Esta on the terrace | 6–8:30pm
- Performative lecture: Marc Bamuthi Joseph | 7–8:30pm
- Performance: Bateria Unidos de Miami Samba and Batucada | 8:30–9:20pm
- Electrópico DJ set by Mr. Pauer| 8:30–11pm
- Exhibition open to Members | 10am–11pm
- Exhibition open to Public | 9–11pm
Galleries open until 11pm
- PAMM is directly adjacent to the Miami-Dade Metromover, Museum Park station. Take the Omni Loop train to Museum Park station, and arrive steps from the museum entrance.
- Lyft | Use code MUSEUMPARK to get $5 off your first 4 rides.
- On-site parking will be a flat rate of $10 starting at 5pm that evening (space is limited).
- Self-parking at the Omni garage located at 1645 Biscayne Blvd (rates apply).